Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thank You Note - We're Happy We Could Help

March 3, 2011

Mr. John Leonard
Center For Accessible Living
305 W. Broadway Suite 200
Louisville, KY 40202

Dear Mr. Leonard:

This is a letter of thanks to all those involved in building the ramp for my mother, Frances -- a thank you from the bottom of my heart! It has not only made the situation easier for me and her, but it will improve her quality of life, because I was having to leave her at home because I could no longer negotiate the steps, having to carry her heavyweight walker down the steps and then go back to get her and help her down the steps. I am no “spring chicken” myself. Sometimes, depending on the situation, we have to use a wheelchair for her. Now she will be able to accompany us more often.

The builders did a wonderful, professional job building the ramp. Everyone who has seen it has commented on it positively. There have been no negative comments. Some of the comments have been:
“They really did a good job.”
“That will last a long time.”
“Everything fits together perfectly.”
“They must have used a nail gun to drive the nails”, because he didn’t notice hammer marks. (He also commented that he notices details.)

These are only a few that come to mind. Our comment is that “it exceeds expectations”.
I think this is a wonderful program because it addresses the handicap without regard to a financial need. My mother lives with us because she cannot live alone physically or financially. We could not have afforded to build it for her but the fact that we are responsible for her may have caused problems with financial qualification. I hope this program can help others as much as it has helped us.

Thanks again for all you have done to the program coordinators, builders, program funders, and anyone else responsible for the program that I have not mentioned.

Yours truly, 
Beverly Trail

No comments:

Post a Comment